The College’s uniform policy was re-ratified at the May 2019 College Council meeting and is available at: https://www.bse.vic.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/Uniform-Policy.pdf.
Some particular areas to highlight are:
- Pants and long sleeved tops are to be worn as intended, not rolled up.
- Socks are to be plain white or BSE branded.
- Plain black sports leggings can be worn under BSE PE shorts
- BSE PE Uniform or the supplied BSE team uniform are to be worn when representing the College in individual or team sporting events.
- ADP uniform is specific to ADP and is not PE uniform.
- Leather shoes must be lace-up and must be fully enclosed to adhere to safety standards.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MENSLAND – 1/2/2021
Face masks are required in Strath Village Shopping Centre and therefore in Strath Mensland. This applies to your secondary school child/children also:
- Sign in is required if in store longer than 15 min
- Where possible please leave siblings at home as we are still restricted to 12 instore at one time
- Please use hand sanitiser when asked and refrain from unnecessarily handling uniform
New permanent trading hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 9am – 1pm. Arrangements can be made out of these hours by calling (03) 5441 1227.
Out of Uniform Process
The process for a student attending school out of uniform is:
- If uniform has been forgotten then the student must report to Student Support Centre for replacement uniform items for that day only, before 9.00am. If not available, or not all parts of uniform are available (eg: shoes) then a blue uniform pass is given to student to take to class. Uniform is to be returned at the end of the lesson or day.
- If out of uniform (even with a note – not relating to illness or injury), the student must report to the Student Support Centre for replacement uniform items for that day only, before 9.00am. If not available, or not all parts of uniform are available (eg: shoes) then a blue uniform pass is given to student to take to class. Uniform is to be returned at the end of the lesson or day.
- If out of uniform without a note, then student is recorded as Not Ready to Learn. The normal process for Ready to Learn will then be followed.
- The only excuse for not participating in PE is with a note that explains illness or injury that is signed by parent/guardian or a phone call by parent/guardian to the College explaining the same. An illness/injury note should be given to the PE staff member. Appropriate duties will be issued.