Our Vision and Values
Our vision is that every student develops the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to positively contribute to our community as a responsible and caring citizen.
We encourage students to ‘strive for excellence’ – to achieve more than is required or expected academically, vocationally, socially and personally.
Our values are shown through year level themes:
We are committed to embedding our values as habits so that they become observable attributes:
Bendigo South East College is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others’ beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.