Remote and Flexible Learning
Remote and flexible learning at BSE
On-site supervision in rural and regional Victoria will be available to:
- Children whose parents are essential
service providers and cannot learn
- Vulnerable children
- Any child with a disability
Parents and carers who require their child to attend on-site school supervision will need to complete an on-site attendance application form in the week prior to their child attending
• Remote teaching and learning programs are in place from Thursday 6 August for Term 3 to enable all students to participate in schooling.
• BSE will continue to offer on-site supervision for students whose parents are essential service providers and vulnerable students during regular school operating hours.
• The On-site Attendance Application Form requires parents/carers to indicate the days or part-days that their child/ren need to attend school on-site. Form is available at:
• On-site Attendance Application Form must be returned in digital form to
• Students cannot simply arrive at school
• NO FORM – NO ATTENDANCE
• Students learning on-site will be supervised by an on-site teacher from 9.00 am – 3.15 pm in H5 and will follow the teaching and learning program provided by their class/subject teacher.
• Students are not to eat inside during class
• Mobile Phone Policy applies at all times
• At break times students will have access to the yard between H and E block and the soccer pitch. Students are not permitted inside unless it is raining.
• The Library is available on Monday, Wednesday & Friday before school and at break times.
• Students attending or participating in the on-site supervision program will receive a temperature screen every morning before starting school while the Stay at Home restrictions are in place.
• No Canteen available, bring your own lunch, snacks and water bottle (no access to water fountains).
• Wear sports uniform and bring all equipment needed for learning e.g. Laptop, headphones, workbooks etc.
• Hand sanitiser will be available at the entry points to the classrooms and physical distancing will be implemented along with restricted use of facilities so that we can maintain a safe environment for all on site.
• Physical activities and break time activities will be completed as an individual to limit contact.
• The learning program delivered on-site will be the same as the learning program delivered to students undertaking remote learning.
• Country Buses will be running a regular timetable.
• FACE COVERING MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
• BY 3PM THURSDAY: Parents/carers to provide application form for required days/times the following week.
• BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY: School to confirm arrangements with parents/carers.
If you have not received a confirmation your child will not be able to attend the on-site program.
The Department’s latest advice on coronavirus can be found at https://www.education.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
It is important that we work together and support each other during this challenging time. We will be in touch with staff and parents and carers shortly with further details of what remote and flexible learning will look like at our school.
In the meantime, you might find it useful to look at the Department’s Learning from Home website. It provides resources and guidance for teachers and parents and carers. https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/department/Pages/learningfromhome.aspx